Buy my art

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Max says "Happy Birthday"


"Max wishes you Happy Birthday!"
I belong to another yahoo group "Paper Imagery Designs" .
This is a contest that is going on right now. You download the picture and alter it. They said it was Lori's birthday so I figured Max needed to wish her a happy birthday!

I started with my journal book. This is an old book that I altered for all my journals. I painted a light coat of gesso so the words could show through for the background. I cut the head out of the picture PID provided. I found the body, cake, balloons and hat in old magazines. I think think the head and body goes together nicely but I had to make copies on my printer in black and white and reduced the body and enlarged the head to match. I colored with crayolas, markers and ink. This type of art journaling is fun and fast. Who knows I might win the contest and get a prize!!

No comments: