I have been watching the TV show "True Blood" on HBO and this is what came out on to my altered book.
It started with putting masking tape down, then a layer of gesso. I am still working with crayon watercolors. I put down yellow as my first layer then I put red on the edges then mixed the color with water. Then I put brown down and was amazed how you could still see all colors. Made a skull transfer, collage the couple and painted them with "Marvy" brush markers. This was my first time using these markers and loved how it turned out, and used painters pens for the crows. The last step was using the distress ink along the edges of the page to create on aged look.
So this was a chance to experiment with two new products....I have really enjoyed it. I think I just need to slow down on the "True Blood" marathons!